- This morning, Josh and I spent time looking at pinterest for recipe ideas. We created a mixture of good ideas, including appetizers, dinners and desserts. We found a nice chocolate chip cookie recipe that looked insanely easy and insanely yummy.All I needed from the store was baking powder and cornstarch. These were two ingredients I have yet to add to my baking cabinet and were ones that I've never used in cookies before. So I was definitely curious to attempt a recipe using these!
- 3/4 C unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 C brown sugar
-1/4 C grandulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 C bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add Egg and vanilla and blend well.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Then add to stand mixer.
4. Stir in chocolate chips
5. Using standard size cookie scoop/tablespoon, drop dough onto baking sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown at edges
7. Remove from oven and let cool completely
Thanks for baking along!